What We Believe
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, our ultimate authority for faith and practice at Allendale Union Chapel specifically, and God's church on Earth in general.
2 Peter 1:3,4; 2 Timothy 3:16,17
2. Jesus Christ is our Lord and God, who created all that exists, who secured salvation from the penalty of hell (to all who receive him), through his death, burial and bodily resurrection. John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-18; Hebrews 1:8,9; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 4:12, 1 John 5:12
3. We have eternal life with God because of his grace that comes through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-10; Acts 4:12
4. Every Christian receives the Holy Spirit when he believes and gives his life to Jesus Christ. At that moment he also receives a spiritual gift(s) to be used to encourage and build up the church (which is the body of Christ). Galatians 3:2; Ephesians 1:13;
1 Corinthians 12:11-13; 1 Peter 4:10
5. Every Christian has the privilege of living to please God, through the offering up of our lives for his glory. 1 Peter 2:9,10; Romans 12:1,2; Hebrews 13:15,16; Psalm 51:17
6. Jesus gave 2 commands to be celebrated by the church body-baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 28:19,20;
1 Corinthians 11:23-26
7. We believe that Jesus will return at any time and at that time set things right in the heavens and the Earth. Those who have given themselves to Jesus will be with God for eternity. Those who have said no to Jesus will be separated from God forever.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 3:3, 16:5